Sunday, January 29, 2012

FINALLY GETTING SOMETHING DONE....

Today is a good day....I'm finally getting something done. Even when the day didn't seem to be that great to start out. 

I must have been snoring last night, 'cause hubby kept waking me up to roll over. Trouble was I hurt my right neck/shoulder a couple weeks ago and it was really hurting last night, so every turn was painful. After about 4 hours of being poked, I got up and went to the couch....not much better. At least the heat is on in the living room, since I only have a lap quilt in there I could use. Went to the blue room to find a quilt and there wasn't one in there, so lived with just the lap quilt. I did remember the Hawaiian I'm quilting was behind the couch, so I finally did that about 5 am when the cat outside woke me up. After waking up two more times, I finally got up at 8 am......sore....ugh...

I played games on the computer, as I always do. When hubby got up, he was in the mood to clean house, so we ended up taking a couple hours cleaning...not my favorite thing to do, but it did need it after my folks left. Dad tracked in mud on my rug, so I'm going to have to figure a day when I can carpet clean my carpet. Not looking forward to that......anyway, cleaned a few things more then we usually do, and the house is looking good - with one exception - my quilt room. I ended up putting all my "stuff" on the table in my quilt room. I seriously need to go back down there and clean that up! Maybe this week....maybe not. I'll let you know how that goes....

Okay, now for the "finally getting something...."  We sat down at watched the old version of Ocean Eleven, with Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Jr., and Frank Santra. I had forgotten half of it, but boy was it good! When it came to the ending, I remembered what happened just before it happened! lol  So, much fun! 

While we watched the movie, I quilted on the Hawaiian quilt. It's coming along nicely and is looking good. I can't wait to start doing the ecko (sp?) quilting around the center piece. Charlie (the cat) wanted to be in my lap the whole time, but got her to go to my feet. She got ticked and went to the couch where she looked at me and the quilt, then looked at the lap quilt she was on, and gave me one of those looks to say she wasn't happy. Then she turned her back on me and cleaned herself. Couldn't help but laugh! The Hawaiian quilt is getting farther along and really is looking good. I just hope I have enough purple quilting thread to finish it. I may go see if I can buy some more, since I have the brand and the number. Trouble is, not all dye lots are the same. Oh, well. 

Till next time, I'm happy quilting..... 

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...