Monday, April 2, 2012

I'm back from Retreat

I'm back from The Applique Society's Retreat in Seabeck, WA. If you ever have a chance to go to a TAS Retreat - go!

I will post all about it tomorrow. I'm going to add another blog that has nothing but The Applique Society "happenings" with the two groups I'm involved in. TAS - as we call it - is a non-profit organization that works to promote applique in quilts. There is no limit to the applique work you can do to a quilt! Plus you will always find my link the TAS on here. I have been a member for the past 4 years. I can't wait to get the newsletters that come out every quarter! There is no "headquarters" to this group - we are big but not big enough to hire someone to handle all that work. So, the President of TAS does a lot of work to keep us up and running. I know two founders personally, and they are wonderful women who have been doing applique for over 30 years. Like I said, I will do a blog on TAS tomorrow when I get the chance, and will post the photos from the retreat.

Today was one of those days when you go done in your quilt room and sigh. **Sigh** I did. 

BEFORE:






NOT a room you really want to work in - is it?!

AFTER:



One Problem with cleaning it up:


Every last box under here is photos, letters, and/or genealogy papers. UGH  This came from my mother's house and will probably go back there with the photos, the letters and genealogy will be mine to work on. So, if your interested in knowing what is in those letters, read my "Letters From the Past" blog!

Friday at bowling, one of the gals that is on another team, asked me to finish her quilt she started. So, I brought home the box with all the fabric in that too. Box is the one on the table, far right. ***sigh*** That is my next thing to do to get it out of the house faster. I need to get that done so I can continue getting more done of my own. 

Of course, while one the retreat, I had to buy more fabric - as if I don't have enough.....

I also got a traffic ticket on the way up there - so I'm beginning to wonder why I always get stuck driving. lol

Till tomorrow - Happy Quilting.

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...