Sunday, June 10, 2012

Saturday - Quilt Class

Saturday morning was one of those days, I got excited about the class with Nancy Chong, that I ended up an hour early. lol Never fails, I read the information wrong. I never did pick up the class list so I was going off what others told me.


I was thrilled to see Nancy had lost so much weight! I know Nancy personally and was surprised to see her so thin! She's lost a ton of weight and looks great!

We worked on miniature applique. She was teaching us how to relax when it comes to smaller pieces. I was surprised at how right she was! It is easier to do smaller pieces then it is to do larger pieces. She has some beautiful new designs out there as well. So, if you want to see her new stuff, click on the link to the right.

We got a lot of small samples done. From circles, hearts, and skinny stems. I'm loving the skinny stems!


We all worked on the samples - asked questions, and just had a great time. Poor Cil, she seemed a little lost at times. lol


We all learned something new.


Well worth the class.

So, this morning I got up, played games and then went downstairs. I found the BOM patterns at P3 Designs on Friday. I had joined a couple groups on Yahoo and noticed their was a block of the month from P3 Designs, which is one of my favorite patterns. They are not the easiest patterns since most of her patterns have designs that need to be fused, but I don't care, I modify what I need to get the same affect. So, I printed out the 4 blocks that are ready, and this morning went down and cut fabric to start work on them. I bought background fabric yesterday while at class. I decided I really don't like the size of 41" x 41." I found a Jeannie Austin pattern that is a good center piece. I'm going to change the end design that P3 Designs has when the BOM is over. I'm going to do the blocks and then have them going around Jeannie's pattern. I'm liking the idea, but who knows, I may change my mind.


Now I have the photos, the fabrics, which I'm changing colors, and ready to go. I decided I would try to do the back basting on one or two blocks. I want to see how much time it will take me to finish it compared to doing it the other way. I still will use the needle turn.


I'll let you know how it goes.

I did finish another Affair of the Heart quilt block on Friday while at our group meeting. I need to do the embroidery work on 2 blocks. I'm down to 7 blocks left to work on. So, I"m going to work on two blocks at once.

I'm still quilting at night, so my energy is back to working on my quilts. This way I'll try and stay away from games for awhile or at least less often.  I'm excited about getting some more done.

I'll show you how things are going when I get a block or two done.

Till then, Happy Quilting.

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...