Monday, November 18, 2013

Hand piecing

Yesterday we went to my parents place and watched the Seahawks win! It was awesome! That aside, while watching the game I also pulled out my Enigma Star pattern and got quiet a bit done.


I was able to get the four "points" done. Each one went quick and easy.


This was was center piece and I was able to get them put together. I tried to work on the other block but found that the center colors were not cotton fabrics, so I didn't get to work on the other block. I did get another color for that block and can now get started on finishing up that block as well.


I was able to get the center done, which lead me to being able to put the "nine patch" together. I didn't finish the block, but I did get close. After awhile I got tired of doing the piecing, when the second block wasn't able to be worked on. I'm funny like that.


When I took this photo, I didn't realize one of the triangles was sewn on wrong. So, I ended up taking that one out and resewing it back on.


With hand piecing, I don't worry about "squaring up" as I do that later after I have the pieces together.


My next step was to sew the "top" or "side" of the nine patch block. I did get this side done, then I worked on the center strip.


And this is were I stopped. I can do the the last side, and then I'll sew them together. I will work on the purple one, now that I have the center color from the stash I had shown on here earlier. I find hand piecing to be relaxing and I'm happy with the way it's turning out. I'm going to end up sewing the borders of this quilt on by machine, I'm sure. I'm thinking of going through my solid fabrics and cut 4 1/2" squares to go around the quilt. It will all depend how I'm going to do that. I'm thinking of doing what my son suggested, and use the color wheel.

Okay, today hasn't been as productive, but I'll get there. In the meantime I hope everyone is out there Happy Quilting...

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...