Sunday, December 22, 2013

It's the Holiday Season!

As each day passes, I think of what we did as children years ago, what we did when our children were around, and what we will be doing this year.

One of our traditions is making goodies for all the friends and neighbors. I don't seem to have as many "friends and neighbors" to give to as we used to. Some have passed, moved or we have moved. Both Katt and Phill have moved on as well. So, their friends don't pop in like they did when they were growing up. I had often wished their friends would come over more often, but found out my children felt we were doing better then their friends, and they didn't want them to feel bad.

This week was Christmas fudge, bon bons, almond roca, peanut brittle, peanut blossoms, and whatever I could  think of to make. We put all the plates together, and I delivered one already. One will be delivered on Christmas Eve.


Had to clean "the toilet" for Charlie and just had to take a photo of her drinking out of the toilet! lol This was a gift to Patrick, since he works as Superintendent at the Treatment Plant. Hard to believe he will have been doing this (Treatment Plant) job for 30 years come February. I'm thinking of what to do for that.


Friday was quilting with mom's group. I took my Liberty blocks that I'm working on. I got the left leave done that has the blossom. I was talking with a couple other quilters about how small these pieces are and since I'm doing them by hand applique, it's taking a while. We talked about embroidering the crack instead of appliqueing it down. On top of that I have found the back basting has helped me out because I can gauge the size I need in the "spot." I'm using the back basting method more than I thought I would.


Last night I worked on both blocks. I finished the right leave of the bell block and then finished the leaves that lay over the sticks. Then I started putting the center leaves done on this block. I have one more to finish, and then I can applique the center flower in! After that, the fun begins with embroidery. I'm looking forward to doing he embroidery on all of these blocks.


The other night, I was able to get this far on the Hawaiian quilt. I'm getting closer to getting this done. There is one area that I'm a little worried about, but I think the quilting will take care of it. I'm hoping to get as much as I can done before the end of the year, but for some reason, I tend to want to play on the computer more than anything lately.

I think I'm trying to relax and get back on track after I resigned from The Applique Society. I still feel TAS needs help. I'll get over it one of these days! I even pulled out of the Seabeck Retreat, because I didn't feel comfortable going with those involved. I REALLY wanted to go too! But I think that was a good choice on my part, I don't want to be that uncomfortable at a Retreat that is supposed to relax me.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! (just in case I don't post between now and then).

May you be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...