Thursday, January 30, 2014

Another Great Day!

Another great day was yesterday. I went to my folks house to get my quilts (yes two) ready to bind.


We ended up going to the "Gathering Place" over by where mom and dad live. We put 3 tables together so we could put this Hawaiian quilt down. It still went over the tables.

We measured and decided that we would not cut out a "binding" piece out of this quilt. I'm going to "butt" the front and back together instead. It will not have a "binding but it will be seamed together. I'm okay with that. I will need to mark it as I go, because I have been known to take more than I need and get it going in a wavy pattern, which I don't want with this. Like I told mom, if anyone wants to take a ruler out and measure the difference, then that is their problem, not mine. lol


We have both the sides the same with the top and bottom having a little more room.


I love my border piece.


We also cut off the binding of this Inner City quilt that I finished over 10 years ago. This poor quilt needed attention with the binding. It was falling apart.


At first I was going to hand bind it all the way, but since this is used every day on our bed, and last night I could have used it, I decided to get it done ASAP.


This was the worst area though, the quilting is coming out. The rest of the quilt is fine, but right here. I'll think about re-quilting it again. I'll decided when I hand piece the other side of the binding.

So, today, I thought I would work on my Mystery Quilt that I'm doing on Facebook.


While I was putting my cutting board back after bring it back from mom's, I found this block that needs to be finished. So will try and do that while I'm working on the Mystery Quilt.


I laid the blocks out that I finished, and realized I MADE A MISTAKE.  The 3 1/2" squares where supposed to be in PRINT fabric, not the dark fabric!! So, I'm ripping out the dark squares to replace them with the print fabrics. After 3 hrs downstairs it hit me I was doing it wrong! UGH!


Cut the squares that I need to replace the dark print with. So, my evening is going to be ripping and stitching (ripping the blocks and stitching the binding).

Hope you all have a great day and are Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...