Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Guess you heard - Seahawks won!

The last couple days have been busy. I finished my Hawaiian quilt and need to bind it then quilt some more. I put it on the bed today, so you can get an idea of what it looks like.

KEEP IN MIND THIS IS MY QUILT - ORIGINAL DESIGN, AND UNDER MY COPYRIGHT.


This is on my queen size bed. I'm going to get working on getting the bind done. Have you ever had a one of those days where you put something away, and then you can't find it?? Well, bright eyes here, did just that. I HAD the binding strip done, ready for when the quilt got done. I put it away - SOMEWHERE SAFE - and guess what??!! I couldn't find it!! I went through every box - oh, and guess what else I found??!! - more projects!! Anyway, went through every cabinet down there, every place I might have thought would be "safe" to keep the binding. NO SUCH LUCK. Can't find the binding. So, now I have another fabric that is close but not really close enough for the binding. I also have the option to cut off some of the border to be able to have enough for the binding. I'm not happy. I'm to the point where I want to cry! I can't find that binding for the life of me. Even looked again today!

Okay, anyway, my friend came over today and I was able to get some applique done. When I found a quilt pattern I want to do (with the fabric I got in NC), I decided I better finish up the Affairs of the Heart quilt.


I added the center circle, one of the light colored hearts and now working on the outer hearts. I also got the red flower piece on the Liberty quilt block - and need to add the center circles. Then that block will be done. I'm slowly getting there.

I'm hoping to get downstairs to work on that quilt and hopefully it will be getting closer to being done.

Wishing you all well, and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...