Sunday, January 26, 2014

Keep Hoping!

The last few days haven't gotten me very far quilt related.

Thursday we had our Haven't Missed a Stitch group and I was able to get a little more done on the Affairs of the Heart block #32. I didn't like the way I had started it, but I decided to just get it done. I'm not happy with it, but I can live with it, and most people won't know what was bothering me anyway.


I finished the last heart, now I need to do the embroidery. I pulled out the tracing paper with the next pattern on it so I can get working on the next one.

I'm still looking for the binding of the Hawaiian quilt. Chances are I'll find it AFTER I figure out what to do. I was supposed to go to mom's on Friday, but wasn't feeling well, so I made another date for Wednesday. I'm hoping we can use the tables at the "Gathering Place" where they live and be able to cut the edge for the binding. I'm going to do it all by hand. I hate putting the binding on by the sewing machine, it ALWAYS buckles.

In looking for the binding, I found another container that with scraps. Beats me why I had another buckets, but it's okay, because I can use it for the scraps I'm cutting up.


There isn't enough in here to worry about, so I'm going to cut it as I work on the Mystery quilt that I'm doing with "Just Us Quilters" on Facebook.

I'm planning on spend some time today working on the Mystery Quilt and if I get bored cutting and sewing on the machine, I'll get back to quilting on the quilt that is on that frame downstairs. Mom asked why I don't just take it off the frame and finish it in the hoop, which I though about. Trouble is, if I do that, half is done, but the other half is not basted. I wouldn't be comfortable doing that, as the tension would be different, and I would like to just stay with what I'm doing.


I'm finally to the middle of it, so if I can get myself to go down and quilt for a couple hours a day, it could get done faster. I'm going to try and set myself up to do that.

I'm going to mom's on Wednesday, have a doctors appointment tomorrow to check on my hip and back. We'll see how I do making myself spend two hours a day quilting. I'll keep you posted on that! lol

In the meantime, I'm hoping to be Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...