Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Mystery Quilt - Step 3 and then done!

Miracles do happen sometimes! I was able to get downstairs yesterday and sew. As much as I hate to sew, I was actually enjoying it. I did get tired of cutting the 2" squares, but I got through it. I'm now wondering if I have an extra set or if I need to make another piece. I found the chevrons at the end had two of the same side. So, I need to figure out if I need them or not.


This was my starting point, and I'm happy to say, All those sets that are not sewn together have been done.


Then to step 3 - more cutting.


And even more cutting! OH!! Would you believe AFTER I cut all those chevrons, I found my 3 1/2" ruler??! Never fails, it would have come in handy sooner.



And of course there is the ironing! Soo many pieces had to be ironed. Small, then a little bigger and then the big pieces. I ironed so much I was getting tired of piecing, ironing, piecing, ironing, cutting, piecing, and ironing - and then if it was done wrong, it was ironed first and then - CRAP time to rip! Had to rip more than I can count at times, but yesterday wasn't so bad.


Patrick got home as I was sewing the bigger blocks together. So, I wanted to see what it would look like and if I liked what I saw. Yep, and more Yep! I really like the way this is coming out. I will finish that block on the right, then I will get moving and get the rest of the blocks done so I can piece them all together. I'm happy with the color choices, so I can't complain.


Last night I started on block #33 of Affairs of the Heart. I'm about half way done. Won't be able to work on it tonight as it is bowling night. Hope my hip will do fine. The next block is almost as easy as this one. So, if all goes well I should have all 36 blocks done by the end of next month. I realized I've been working on those blocks for 4 years now. I bought the BOM in November 2010. So, REALLY, it's only 3 years. I'm hoping the border goes faster.

Today will not be a quilting day - unless you count my going over to mom's to get the Hawaiian quilt set for binding. I'm going to take my Inner City quilt too, so I can cut the binding off it and put another one on. The binding is coming off and needs to be replaced. If I can get another quilt done this year, then I'll be sitting pretty with replacing the quilts on the bed that have seen their last days. Then again, it may be the ones replacing what my daughter took with her when she went to Pullman. She has most of my quilts! I couldn't believe she took so many! I have a lot of "replacing" to do.

This year is looking a lot better than last year - with one exception - received bad news yesterday and a dear friend has 6 months to a year. I hate doctors that put a date stamp on your feet, but they did. Now it's in his mind and he's getting ready for it. I think he's been getting ready from day one. - Anyway, on to better things.

Off to being Happy Quilting....

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...