Monday, January 13, 2014

Pretty Good Year so far!

This year is turning out to be a pretty good year. Maybe eating all those black eyed peas helped on New Years Day!


My helper! I took the weekend and not only played games on the computer, but also got in a lot of quilting. Thursday last week I worked on the butterfly top. Friday night I quilted on the Hawaiian as well as Saturday. Sunday was bowling, and I actually spent most of the day on the computer. I was checking sites for flat head pins. Just not ready to spend the money for shipping yet.


I started working on this area on Friday. I wanted to get all the purple leaves and flowers done. Which I'm happy to say, I did.


Saturday I worked on the white area, which I'm quilting in purple thread.


As I stated before, there is no rhyme or reason to my quilting. I love to quilt, so I just keep going around, sometimes closer than other times.


And every time I try to quilt, I have a visitor. She just doesn't like me working on my computer or quilting without being in my lap. She's getting miffed at me for not letting her on top of what I'm working on.


So the good news is I'm getting to the white area that will fit in the hoop. Once I get to that point I'll be moving a lot faster and getting this done. I'm getting excited about finishing this. Once I get all the echoing done, I can go around the border and then I can bind it. I've even been thinking of going downstairs and work on the other quilt I have on the frame.  I'm just so frustrated with the way it was put together, that I'm having a hard time getting past that to finishing the quilt.


One of the quilters in my Thursday group was talking about a group on Facebook that is for just quilters. No advertising, no selling, etc. I decided to join it to see about connecting with other quilters. WELL, I found they have a Mystery Quilt going on. Now, remember, I'm not a sewing machine kinda gal. This mystery quilt is done by piecing on the machine. Okay, I can do this.....SO GUESS what I did!! I went downstairs to find fabrics that I could use for this quilt. AS IF I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH STUFF TO DO!! So, yep, I found the fabric I want to use. Now I just need to work on the first two steps they have to work on. The fun is that we all can share what we are doing with the steps. Not sure how big the quilt will be, but I'm game to try it out.

Today I had a doctors appoint, then played cribbage with my neighbor who's wife seems to spend more time with their great grandchildren then with each other. My walking partner is in Texas till Thursday. Anyway, I had a busier day then I thought I would! It was pretty good though. Now I'm going to spend the evening quilting. Hopefully I'll get that much closer and this quilt will be one of my "done" projects this year. Then I can go and quilt on the Butterfly quilt downstairs on the frame. I may need to get another quilt basted so I can quilt in the hoop again. 

I'm Happy Quilting......

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...