Friday, January 10, 2014

Quilting coming along.

I'm slowly getting back into getting stuff done. I'm finding I want to quilt more and more now, so let's I'll be getting more done this year than I did last year. I need to cut back on games and get my hands working in the quilting and applique areas.


This is all I need to get done, then I can do the borders and it will be done! I can't wait! I've been getting a lot done. I need to finish the bottom leave in white quilting thread. Then the flower and leaves are done.


It's going pretty quick, but at times a little too hot when I'm quilting with the quilt and Charlie in my lap! All I have to do lately is put the laptop on my lap or pull the quilt out to quilt on, and she's right there. She can be sleeping on the couch or sitting with Patrick, and the minute I sit down to work on something, she's right there!


Yesterday was a day with my Thursday quilt group. We had a few great laughs, and I was able to work on the butterfly applique for Katt. I got another two butterflies done and started another one. I'm going to start looking for fabrics.

As I write this, Charlie is on the arm chair, and every so often the paw comes done to get on the computer, so I'll lifting my left hand to get her to stop. You should see the look I'm getting!! I'll let her on my lap when I'm done typing this.

I am still looking for fabrics of "civil war" that I can use on the block for Sharon. I'm having a hard time finding greens. I did go to a quilt shop that is in the "swap meet" area in Yard Birds center. I found a couple of fat quarters that could work.


These are the butterflies that have been added.

The good news is that I've actually been ready to get moving on getting this quilt done, organizing my quilt room, and getting a few of my UFO's done.

Hopefully this will be a great weekend of being Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...