Sunday, January 19, 2014

Time for a Break - Seahawk Game! -

I am taking a break today with the piecing and going to watch the Seahawk game today. I've actually been busy the last couple days, so will fill you in.


This is where I was by Friday. I went to my Friday group "Myron's Girls" and finished this up. I also started quilting in one of the two areas that needs to be finished.


By Friday night, it was also done, and I'm working on the last area like this one. I have about 4 echos to do, and then the quilt is even closer to being done. I need to go around the edge of the quilt on the border. Once I get the echo around at least once, I'll cut the sides and bind it. I'm getting excited now. It will actually be finished, hopefully by the end of the month.


I've been working on the mystery quilt that they have on "Just Us Quilters" group on Facebook. I love seeing what everyone is up to. Plus this was started about the time I joined them and I decided I would try it out since I was going through my fabrics.

About this time, I realized I didn't do all the steps in Step 1, so had to go back and do couple more blocks. That was fine with me, as they hadn't given out the last Step yet. I'm still working on Step 2, but yesterday I noticed quite a few of them had the quilt done. I like the pattern. BUT I'm still on Step 2, so it's going to be this week before I get done.


I have to cut my chevrons to the right size, and it's boring to me. I did get some cut, but still have a stack waiting for me. I also have to cut my half triangles to size. WAY too much cutting!


Today I cut more triangles to sew up, and got a few of them done - again, had to cut out strips to get these ready to sew. Wish they had an easier way of doing it without so much cutting! (and sewing)


Was sewing them as I cut them, that way I wouldn't get too tired of one over the other! lol


Of course, I had to rip as well. I'm happy that my sewing is getting better, my points are matching up great so far. With the exception of the ones I rip apart!


So, as I close this, I have to trim these down to size! I was getting closer to having these done, but not so lucky.


Here is what is done, as you can see, not a lot, but the bigger pieces are starting to get done. I'm liking the colors. It's looking pretty good so far.

Okay, game starting and I'm going to sit here watching the game and be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...