Saturday, February 8, 2014

Mystery Quilt done!

Today I was able to get moving on getting stuff done! It felt good!

I went downstairs and got the Mystery Quilt done! It's The Cat's Meow pattern by Debbie Caffrey that was approved for the group Just Us Quilter's on Facebook.

I actually had fun with this one. It wasn't hard, and it's one of the few tops that I enjoyed and turned out better than usual. Patrick held it up - upside down, but that's okay. Guess you'll find what I put in there because one of the blocks got ripped when I was ripping out the blocks.


This is the part I hate - metered corners, but I was SURPRISED! I did it without having to fight it! It turned out awesome!! I'm actually getting better at sewing on the machine! lol


So, as usual when I get done, I have a mess to clean up! I decided I better clean it up now or it will be a pain later.


Pulled out my boxes I bought at Micheal's the other day. I paid $2.49 each as they were on sale (40% off). I usually don't find that kind of deal, and I almost didn't go in. I was going to the dollar store, and they didn't have any of these boxes. Now the work starts. I wanted to put my squares I'm cutting into these boxes.


One box has my 2 and 2 1/2" squares. the other has my 3 and 3 1/2" squares. I decided to keep my scrappy greens as they are. I use them for applique and need bigger pieces of green or just enough to get by. So, I'm putting the greens in the red box I bought. I still have the other box that has all my 1 1/2" squares - which I seem to have a LOT of.


I added another stack of 1 1/2" squares in there. I cut more after these photos. I moved the squares in the boxes, then decided to get back to working on organizing my fabrics.


Added these to the other ones I already did. At this rate I'm going to have to order another 100 boards to get them done. Think I've gotten about half of them done already. It's saving room, and I found that I can see what I have better this way.

Today when we got up, there was still snow on the ground. Then about 3 pm (Pacific time) we had snow fall again.


So started taking the pictures as the snow was coming down.


This is our grape vine.


Patrick's garden.


More snow.


By supper time, we had this much. Patrick took this with his phone. Not a bad photo.

I'm still working on the Hawaiian around the border. I hope to have more done but the quilting is taking time, Figure I go around once, then again. On the second round, I'll sew the binding as I got. Still playing game. :-)

Planning on working on the Hawaiian quilt tonight and having fun! May you all be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...