Monday, February 17, 2014

One Friendship block down, one more to go!

Still feeling under the weather, but was able to get some stuff done. Not near as much as I would have liked, but I have been working on a few blocks till I feel a little better.



I was able to finish Sharon's block. I am happy with this one. It turned out a lot better than I expected. I took this photo from my phone, so I will post a better photo later. It took me a little longer than I thought it would. I was being more "picky" about the leaves. I ended up taking out as much as I put in I think. The first ripping job was on the stems. Then I ended out taking out one of the flowers and putting it back on. Next was the first 3 leaves. They were way too skinny and they were "lumpy." So, it was like practicing doing leaves all over again! The final ripping job was one of the "buttons" because it wasn't round and it didn't look the same size as the other one. So, this block wasn't the easiest for me, but that was more my fault then the design.


Since the friendship block took a couple afternoons, it took me a little longer  to be able to work on my "Affairs of the Heart" quilt block #33. This is not my design, it's just my block. It's a book you can get at any book store, by Aie Rossman. Here's a link to Amazon - Affairs of the Heart book

I'm getting closer to getting this done. I need to do the embroidery work on this block as well as the last 2 I worked on.

I didn't go bowling last night because I didn't feel right in having the people around me get whatever it is I have. I really think it's my sinus' but really don't like taking chances with friends and family.

We watched the Olympics ever since it started. Just wish they showed it more often then they do around here. I have really been enjoying the different sports. Yesterday, we watched "My Girl Friday" with Cary Grant. That was a good movie! It's fast and quick but it's funny at times as well. If they did that movie today, it would be a little slower, and drawn out, but I like the way it was done back then. But then I love older movies! A heck of a lot better then they are today.

Today will be spent with my folks, playing games. Not sure I'll be doing much with my projects. Time will tell. I'm hoping this cold or sinus infection will go away and I can be back to being Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...