Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Preparing for the last 3 blocks

Today isn't one of my best days with this cold/sinus infection. I didn't get much sleep and I've been coughing way too much today.

Yet, that didn't stop me from working on stuff I needed to get done.


Last night while watching the Olympics, I finished this block. I still need to do the embroidery. Once I had this done, I realized my last three blocks were not ready to work on. So, I pulled the butterfly quilt top out that I started for Katt about 20 years ago. - And yes, she's still wanting on that quilt! One of these days.


I finished one butterfly and started this one. The dark green fabric is the body of the butterfly. I have finished 3 butterflies since I pulled this box out from hiding.


While I was looking for my last 3 blocks, of the Affair of the Heart, I pulled out all this fabric from my "in progress" bag. These are fabrics I don't need anymore, so I rolled some of them up on the boards, and cut a couple others up into squares.


I rolled these up and added them to my "stash."


As I told you before, this is the shelf I was pulling all my scraps out of. I put all the boards I've rolled in here for now. I will be changing things up again! As you can see, my shelf underneath is another shelf of fat quarter fabrics! That will be next!! - Now you can see why it's taking me a while to do all this "organizing."


This is the area that I plan to move the fabric boards to. I will get there. I'm not quite there yet. - If you haven't figured me out yet, you will. lol

Now, back to what I was doing today - not only did I do some of the fabrics, I pulled out the freezer paper for the last 3 blocks. I pulled out the zip log bags with the fabrics and block numbers that are left to do. My last 3 blocks are #34. 35. and 36.


Block #34's colors.


Block #35's colors. As you can see, I like use very little fabric. Plus this gives me extra in case I cut the fabric I'm working on and need to replace what I did.


Block #36 was not as easy as it looked. I didn't like some of the fabrics that they had in the BOM kit.


I went through my other block bags looking for other colors that I wanted to replace. I still didn't care some of the colors, but with this set of blocks, when they are all put together, it won't look that bad. So, I replaced a few of the colors.

So, tonight I will be cutting out the pieces for the blocks and get started on applique. I'm looking forward to getting these blocks done. ---As YES, getting my Hawaiian quilt done too!

My list is getting shorter - at least I'm hoping it is - and I can get started on the other 2 quilt tops I really want to do. I at least finished the Mystery Quilt, but then that shouldn't count since I started it before those other 15 (and counting) projects I have downstairs. The quilt will be one finished, and I need one more thing finished before I can even THINK of doing one more project. I'm still staying with my goal - FINISH 2 UFO'S before I start another project. I was ahead of myself till we had our retreat - there I gained 2 UFO - but thankfully I did finish one in November or there a bouts. But this is a new YEAR! So, I started one and finished one - guess I'm not gaining any ground yet! ugh

Let's hope this year I can get this quilt top done, and move on to the next UFO. I've even been thinking about doing the "guilt wall" quilt again and get it done. Trouble is there are 2 of those! All the same quilt blocks too.

IF all goes well, I'm hoping to be Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...