Tuesday, February 4, 2014

SEAHAWKS WON! and I'm Getting Stuff Done!!

Friday was a day with the quilt group. It was fun, and I actually ended up taking out half my block and putting it back together! This is block #33 of the Affairs of the Heart. I'm getting closer to having them done, just haven't been in a big hurry.


I have a few more pieces and then we're good! I have to do the embroidery on them when I finish them, but will wait and do that after I get the last 5 done.

The weekend was spent binding the Inner City quilt - OR actually re-binding the Inner City quilt. That poor quilt is over 10 years old. While the Seahawks played, I sewed! It was awesome, I'd get excited and stitch that much faster!


The binding was 2 12' strips I had from my box - it's so much fun to have scraps in a box that you can pull out and get started! The box is that basket I worked on a while back.


The Inner City is finally back on the bed. Patrick was thrilled to see his quilt back on the bed. You would think every quilt I make is his! You should have heard my daughter Katt and him last night! She called, I asked if the quilts she had needed attention, as they are older than this one. She said yes, but she wouldn't give them to me because she won't get them back. Said I "guess I better make a quilt and trade with you to get them fixed." Patrick heard that and said, "Hell no, she's already got her quota for her lifetime, since she took all our good quilts." Katt answered back with, "He doesn't have to know!" So, in my family it's a quilt war. My son has maybe two at his place and Katt took at least 10. Should be interesting.

So, the SEAHAWKS WON, and I finished something I was putting off for a long time! Woo Hoo!

So, yesterday was another day to go and work on my Mystery Quilt.


Look closely - my laptop is on the left! I was back and forth with my sewing and computer for a little bit.


Started out with these blocks, taking out the print in the squares. Had a big response to the "mistake" in the quilt block that everyone told me to keep it the way I had it. I actually liked it the other way, so decided to put the purple squares back in. That took some time, but I did get a lot more done than I thought I would.


This is about half the quilt. I do like the results. So, I'm going to keep going. I just hope I have enough of the purple and print to do the border. May get fancy with it - who knows at this rate!

So, last night I pulled out the Hawaiian quilt to get closer to binding it. Will do the work and bind at the same time,


Was able to get this much done in about an hour and a half. This may take me another month just to get it bound, but I'm not worried and it will be done. It's a heck of a lot closer than it was a month ago. I have more quilting to do, which I knew about, and I figure IF in the meantime I find the binding, I can bind it, if not, no worries. I can always add the binding when I find it.

So, as you can see, I'm actually keeping busy. Going to a friends today and taking my cross stitch, which I haven't touched since the last time I posted it here. A good 6 months or more ago. If I finish that, then I'll be in Heaven!!

So, I'm looking forward to working on this tonight and being Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...