Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Woo Hoo! Getting more done with my Mystery Quilt!

It's been an awesome day! Thankful I wasn't in Seattle at the Parade, but again, missed not going! Remember some awesome parades in Seattle as a kid.

Today was one of those days I wanted to get working on my piecing.


Before I tell you about today, I thought I would show you what was up yesterday! It thought it would show WA what snow looks like, since we haven't had any all year. 


This is Rose's cat, Misty. She's as bad as Charlie, when I come over she wants to sit in my lap. 


If you look closer, there is a bird on the railing. I got a big kick out of this as the bird just sat there. 


It snowed and the bird watched. 

Okay, back to today - I went downstairs to work on the Mystery Quilt. I almost panic, as I was one block short. Then I found the parts that go with the missing block and had to put it together. Before that, I was sewing the triangle pieces when I noticed I had them on wrong. Which ended up bring out the ripper! UGH - Hate ripping!


Panic about this time, when I had three rows and 2 blocks left. 


Got those done, and was able to sew them up the right way. 


I was able to get all the pieces ready to put the whole quilt together. This took time, and it was getting to be fun, and tiring at the same time. Finally called it quits at this point. 


It's coming along!

Last night I was able to get some quilting done on the Hawaiian. 


And since I wanted a picture - had to work around Charlie, as she thinks this quilt is hers. 


I've gotten 4 "rows" of echo going, I'll need about that much more to get to the point of biding it. I'm hoping by tomorrow night I will be Happy Quilt....again. 

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...