Saturday, March 15, 2014

Another day of scraps!

I'm finding it easier to post on her at the end of the day then any other time of the day, so who knows, I may be posting more often at this rate.


Yesterday, my two books arrived in the mail. I ordered these from eBay last week. I got them for a really good price. I used to sell on eBay, but lately, that hasn't been working out for me. I'm going to figure out how to sell books on here. I need to clear out the books that I don't use anymore or the ones I figure I won't use. I'm very pleased with these books, and hope to get great ideas from them.


This morning and part of the afternoon, I was downstairs cutting the scraps that mom gave me the other day. I washed them, then ironed them, and lastly cut them into squares or strips. I love the mug (in the front of my mess)! I tend to drink more water when I use those.


This was a dress that mom started to make, with pleats, so I cut up what I could to get as much fabric from it as I could. I ended up with a lot of bigger squares as well as a lot of 1 1/2" squares. I was able to get about 2 1/2 hours working on these when Patrick and Phil came to tell me to get ready to leave.

While I was doing the scraps, they were working on a compost container for Phil and Emily. They both went to the store and got all the stuff they needed.


Each of those "boards" come apart. This is the stack-able kind. They did an awesome job!


When I went to see how things were going - Phil was working on a bamboo trellis. It turned out great!


My two "fella's" at work.

As I was coming out of the garage, I noticed our tree was falling over again. This morning it was standing straight. It's a great mystery in this house as to how one day it's leaning and the next it's up straight. I'm betting a neighbor is doing the work, but Patrick thinks it's the wind.

We took the compost container, trellis and wheel barrel to Phil's place. We checked out the yard, then headed up to Cabela's for new shoes for Patrick. I could not believe how expensive they have gotten!! Patrick bought his first shoes from them about 5 years ago, and paid around $40. Today, they were marked for $120!! He did find a pair of shoes that was under a sign that said $69.99. I found another pair of shoes for him, and told him to get the "2 for 1" deal that it looks like. We got to the register and the gal said they were $120 today. We told her about the sign, the internet price was $99 and she called for assistance. We found out they had an old sign out and they had to honor the sign (which got removed after we questioned it). So, Patrick got 2 pairs for the price of 1. Then we went to the Outback for supper.

I'm in the process of making cream puffs.


As soon as they are done (cooling), and I've done my exercise, I'm going to get the whipping cream out and fill them, with cream and a strawberry. Of course, powdered sugar is going on top!

The day has gone fast, and life is going along faster than I am when it comes to quilting. I'm going to try and get a few stitches in on the Hawaiian before calling it a day. Haven't spend much time on the computer, so I guess I'm starting to back off the computer more and more.

I hope you all had a great day, and may you be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...