Saturday, March 8, 2014

Changing Things Up!

I decided it was time to change the blog a little. I'm still working on it, and it will be a "work in progress" till I'm happy with it. The photo of my daughter and the quilt didn't work out, so I'm going to look for another photo that I will post. I would like to get my daughter in there, as she was my inspiration in doing this blog. Without her help, it wouldn't have been started.

Last night I was able to get a good couple hours in on quilting.

I'm happy to say after stalling the past month, that I am all the way around with at least 3 of the 4 rows of quilting. I will start working on sewing the binding up on this next round.


I'm not able to use a hoop, so this is all free form and free handed.


I know a few of you wondered how I quilt, so I had to be creative in taking this photo. With my right hand on the camera and my quilting hand (left), I was able to show you a step in my quilting process.

I usually use both hands when quilting. The right is either under the quilt or it's right next to where I'm quilting - depending on whether or not I have a hoop.

Hope this helps - and please excuse the new construction of this site. Once a year I get the itch to change things up - and guess what?! - it's now.

I'm going to be adding pages as well. The tabs up above are for the pages I will be adding. One is about me, - sort of - as I don't like to "brag." Once I figure out how to use paypal for selling books (not selling a book more than once), then I will post some items I would like to see go to better homes. Again, please bare with me.

Thank you for your support, and please join my "blog" so you can see what I'm up to. Lets have fun and be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...