Monday, March 17, 2014

Finished a Quilt!!

And NO, it's not the Hawaiian quilt. lol

Today started out as a normal day. Got up early, went for a walk, stopped at the neighbors and lost two out of three games of cribbage, then home to do my exercises. I even put the stove on downstairs in the hopes that I would go down there and work on the scraps again. Instead I got side tracked with the genealogy. I spend a good three hours putting photos to names in my Family Tree Maker.


Then when I was close to giving it up, the stove we ordered came in. Told them to put it on the deck, so Patrick could put it in the kitchen when he can. We are going to have to trim some of the counter. So, Patrick is going to put it in this weekend. We moved it into the house when he got home.

After this was delivered, I sat down to finish with the binding on the Soup quilt. By the time supper was over, I had it finished. I had to go down and sew the sleeve so that I could get it put on the back.


The sleeve goes into the binding but doesn't show on the other side. It turned out pretty good considering I didn't take measurements downstairs with me when I cut this to size.


Patrick and I were talking about who this was going to go to. So, while I was checking on my "upside down cake," Patrick told me he found a great use for the quilt! Wouldn't you know it, - make it a "his" quilt AGAIN. lol


So, now I can count this quilt done. It's been quilted free motion, which happens to be my second quilt! I'm okay with the way it turned out and glad it was quick. I think if it was bigger than it is, I would have gotten bored.


This is the back. I usually don't do patterns on the back of quilts, but I did like this design. It has tea pots, aprons, rolling pins, and other kitchen stuff on it. Plus, since this is a machine quilted quilt, I think it worked out just great.


The tape still came today! Now I can work on doing the Celtic block for Deanna B. I need to cut the fabric for it, and then I can get started ironing the bias tape. I need to mark the pattern on the block first, and will do that hopefully tomorrow or the next day. Depends on what is going on. I'm just thrilled I've been able to get so much done this year and it's only March. I think if I keep going at this rate, I may actually get my UFO's down to half - dreaming, I know!

I need to get my exercises done and then I will pull the Hawaiian quilt out to work on. We're having a busy day! At least my Pineapple Upside Down cake came out great!

My you all be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...