Friday, March 14, 2014

Helping Mom!

Today was one of those days. I was lucky enough to sleep in till 8 am, as my walking partner wasn't feeling so good. We go walking at 7 am every morning.

I lost 3 games in cribbage. I almost lost the checkbook. Plus I couldn't find my Nintendo DS! I finally found it, put all the games together and packaged them up to take to my son's. I had a great visit with my future daughter-in-law and then heading to moms.


After lunch, mom and I pulled out all her "extra" fabrics from three drawers. We then worked on putting them in an order that would work for her. She had a lot of small pieces, but she wanted to keep them for her applique work. So, we just folded them up and put them back in the drawer so that the fabrics were no long just "laying" there.


In the top draw we put her "special" fabrics in there. She had a lot of strips that are either rolled or laid out. I can't remember the name of this fabric, so I'm not much help there. We had bought a bag of this last year that was one bag of scraps and one bag of strips. Mom then ironed them all.

This will come in handy with applique work.

After we got all three drawers done, I had to go to physical therapy. When I was done, headed home, cooked pizza (handmade) and headed to the bowling alley to "pre-bowl" for Sunday night. Of course I was consistent -  consistently BAD. I averaged a 155 when my average is usually 180.

Last night I got a good amount of time in on the Hawaiian quilt! I'm so excited about how fast this is going!


I'm sewing the binding and quilting the area at the same time, so when I get around the quilt, it will be done! Woo hoo. I think I'm about half way done on one side.

I'm hoping to get a few more scraps done tomorrow. I have a gal that wants my 1 1/2" squares, so I want to get more done so I can send them to her. I washed the fabrics mom gave me on Wednesday. Now I can cut those up too. In the meantime, I'm hoping to be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoying Embroidery Today

 Patrick went golfing and I got a few things done before Sandy came over. We decided to get together today even though the others couldn'...