Friday, March 7, 2014

Looks Like Spring is Coming!!

This morning after walking and a game of cribbage, I found some wonderful plants growing in the yard.




Tulips that Patrick planted in the back yard.



Beautiful blooms coming up! Can't wait for the flowers to follow.


Some flowers are even starting to bloom! Patrick has been doing a great job on the yard.


Can't wait for them all to bloom! At least the sun is out today.


These are in the front yard.


Love the colors!

After walking, cribbage, and then exercise for my back, I realized we had group today at mom's house. I called the folks and told them I wouldn't be coming today. I figured by the time I got moving and it would be lunch time and if I arrived around lunch time, then I'd eat, and shortly after the group would decide it's time to go home - so, that would mean I wouldn't get squat done today. So, I decided to go downstairs turn the fireplace on, and get ready to do more scraps.


As I was cutting the scraps, I found pieces like this one, that I was wondering why I even saved them. But after cutting them I found I actually cut each size of squares! So, I had more pieces then I thought I did. lol


After about 2-3 hours of being down there, I was surprised at how much I got done. I had more squares to add to the piles, but ended up rolling fabrics more then cutting fabrics today. I've got more to do, and am wondering if I'm going to have to buy more comic book boards from Amazon again. - Didn't know I had that much fabric!!


I was able to get a lot done, so I'm happy. Maybe this weekend I can get the rest of this shelf done, and then can put the boards in here. I'm trying to make sure the boards are done by there colors. I have more to cut, I'm sure. I'm surprised at what I have. I didn't know I had some of the fabrics I did. Funny part is I'm looking for small yellow flowers with leaves. I haven't found one yet!! You'd think I would have that fabric in there somewhere!

Even better - I'm not cutting or rolling fabrics that I have for my projects I have yet to finish. One is the fabrics for the two quilts on my "guilt wall." I'm going to try and get those going again soon.

Monday I'm heading to Quilter's Junction to get the big quilt basted. After that I'm going to quilt the small quilt called "Superbowl Soups." That will get one more quilt done. The best part is it's about a yard long and wide. It should go quick and won't get me bored before I'm done! lol

I'm sitting here getting ready to quilt on the Hawaiian quilt. I did get some more done last night, but not as much as I could have. Charlie had to sit in my lap and every time I tried to quilt she's put her face in my way. I even covered her up so I could quilt, but it makes it hard when you feel her licking your fingers, and pushing her head against my hand. LOL She's a kick. Right now she's outside, so I might have a better chance getting more quilting done while she's out there. I'm watching the shows I've recorded, so I don't know what I'll do when I've seen them all.

In the meantime, I'm hoping to be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...