Sunday, March 30, 2014

Moving Along with Quilting!

I'm back to quilting the edge of the Hawaiian quilt!


Last night, the corner was driving me crazy. It wasn't working out right, so I decided to rip out all the quilting on that corner. I also decided to resew the edge of the quilt or "sandwich." It wasn't laying right, and it was driving me crazy. At least I grew up ripping out mistakes, no matter what I made. It had to be done right, or not at all.


I was able to quilt it a whole lot better! It went easier and the buckling didn't happen. I was able to sew the sandwich without any problems.


So, today I was able to get moving along the side of the quilt. I'm working in this area. Taking it one step at a time. I'm sewing the sandwich as I go, and I need to get a good part of this area done before working in the "peak" areas. Since I have this twice on each side, I need to working it out the best I can. This one is going pretty good - but then, I said that about the corner and that didn't happen.


At least I have the corner done and it looks great. It lays the way it's supposed to.

Things are moving along. Had bowling tonight, so didn't get very far with quilting other than what I did this afternoon. Hopefully I'll have more going on tomorrow. Looking forward to being Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...