Saturday, March 22, 2014

Quilting!

Yesterday, I baked 3 small loaves of bread. I took on over to our neighbors house as a Birthday Gift. She loved my gift!



Today was another one of those days that little quilting got done. That doesn't mean it was a "lazy" day or a bad day. It was actually a great day for me.

I stated out with sleeping in a little longer than usual. That made my day! lol - I haven't been able to sleep in in a very long time.

I then played games, but that didn't last long. I actually went to the computer room and started going through my drawer of genealogy. Problem is my genealogy papers are boxes and boxes full. So, while chatting with my future daughter-in-law, we have been finding out more about my family that I haven't been able to figure out in 30 years. I also found a "treasure!" I opened an envelope that was bigger than the average size. To my surprise I found a photo of my great grandmother and her family! Not my grandparents but my great-great grandparents with all there children! My great grandmother and her brothers!! I never knew I had this photo! It's one of the only photos of my Civil War grandfather and his family. Talk about excited!! The photo is huge! and it's in really good condition!! While I was finding my treasures. Patrick was putting our stove in!!


I really am happy with this! It's so cool!


The window in the oven is a heck of a lot bigger than what I had. It took Patrick about 2 hours to get this in, but he had to cut some of the top to get it in. Patrick was a sweetheart today - he took me out to dinner! lol

Now to my quilting! I'm happy to say after all the taking out and putting back in, I was able to finish the one area that was giving me a "headache." I "quilted it out."


The best part is - you can't tell  was having problems with "buckling." Now it should be really easy to go around the corner. Once I get around the boarder, I'll have pretty close to one side done. I'm getting excited with the way this is coming!  I have been taking out the edge and re-sewing it back, because I have been getting the front side showing more than the back, and I need them to be even. I'm working harder at getting it going.

So, as you can see, I'm still Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...