Friday, March 28, 2014

When "Life" Gets in the Way - Quilting Gets Missed.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!!


Myron Taylor, Jr & brother Bob

The last couple days have been so busy, even I don't know what's what.

I wanted to post last night, but again, Life got in the way!

Wednesday night was a pretty good night. I was able to get more quilting done on the Hawaiian and that is one of my priorities right now. I'm also trying to figure out how I'm going to do my Celtic block for Deanna. On top of that, I have three other blocks that are ready to be appliqued and/or embroidered on.


Thankfully, working the corner of the quilt wasn't as hard as it looks. I know the photo looks like it's buckling but the good news is, it didn't. I did have to take out part of the quilting stitches (at the top of the photo) because it wasn't laying right. I don't mind taking stitches out as I'm going. It's after I've already had them in that isn't fun!

I worked on this again last night, but that photo will come later.

Yesterday, well, that was another one of those busy days. Life is getting to be way to busy for my liking. Almost like having my kids in the house - "Hey, mom, we need to go to soccer practice," and "Hey, mom, did your remember we have a meeting tonight?"

We had our "Haven't Missed A Stitch" TAS group potluck yesterday. So, I was running around getting ready. We have the potluck, do the auctions, and then most everyone left! I at least had a couple people stick around to help me clean up. I was really surprised at how many just up and left all at once. That did help me yesterday, because I was able to get home, make chocolate strawberries, and do some laundry before Patrick came home. Had him pick up chicken. Oh, and before that I had to go back to Safeway and pick up milk and eggs. Afterwards I played on the computer for about 2 hours and then started working on the quilt.

Today is going to be busy, so don't know if I will be able to get anything done or not. I've got physical therapy on my back this morning, and since it's dad's Birthday today, I'm baking him a cake. My dad will be 81 today! I'm thankful for every day I have him around. We are going out to eat at Falls Terrace in Tumwater, WA. It's a great place to eat.

May you all be Happy Quilting!!



No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...