Friday, March 21, 2014

Working on BOM blocks

After doing my usual, I headed over to my mom's for our Friday quilt group.


Here's mom binding her latest "white on white" quilt. This one goes to my nephew and his bride. They are going back to Oklahoma to deliver the quilt and attend the wedding ceremony for family - they were married in December.

While at quilting, I was able to get some embroidery done. I have embroidery on all the blocks that I marked yesterday, as well as the two Baltimore Liberty quilt blocks I finished. Yes, I finished the second block of the Baltimore Liberty.


The next step is the embroidery. I'll do the crack with embroidery.


If you look really closely, you will see my stems that were done in embroidery. Those are in all four corners. Because the background is so busy, it's very hard to see. The funny part about that was when I was looking for my last corner, I pulled up a corner I already did. I was looking for my markings and couldn't find them. I asked Nancy where my marking were, and she couldn't see it. Guess what?! I did that stem and it blinded in where neither one of us could tell. Figured it out when I turned the block over. lol


Each corner has "berries" so I decided to do them with embroidery. It will show up better on my set of blocks. I have one more berry to do on this corner and then I will work on the other three. I'm happy to say, this is block #6. So, I'm getting closer to getting these BOM's done. These blocks were started back in 2002. So, that should tell you how long I have been working on my "guilt wall."


Came home to Charlie's welcome on the back deck. It was so cool to see her out there!

I was able to get more quilting done on the Hawaiian quilt last night. I'm getting close to being done with the one area that has been a "problem." I'm almost past it, and once I do, it should be easier the rest of the way around. I was surprised a little at how much hand quilting I've had to remove and redo. That idea of "quilting it out" is harder than it looks. But it's working, so that's a good thing.

Best wishes, and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...