Saturday, April 5, 2014

Applique' Blocks

Yesterday was pretty busy and I didn't get a chance to write on here. I'll try and keep up. 

Since my parents left for Oklahoma on Thursday, I was spending the night at their place. Friday, a dear friend of the family, was coming over to stay at their house till they get back. She was at the TAS Retreat - that I was going to go to, but cancelled because of "issues."

I had my therapy at 10 am - about an hour after some of the quilters came over for our meeting. While they were at mom's I walked over to my physical therapy. Came back and they were all at the table working on a folder that holds a dollar bill no matter how you open it. Needlepoint is my favorite form of crafts, so I decided to join in on the fun!


Since I knew the stitch, I was able to get this much done before we called it a day. Ethel showed up just after lunch and she stayed with the pets. 

I did get to work on the Celtic block for Deanna. I'm not liking the idea of doing a dog wood applique on the block, so I may just let someone else do it for her. 


I'm working in the area that you can see is not "tacked" down. It's going pretty fast, I just need to keep my eyes open to the "over" and "under" areas. So far it's not that hard. I did find it a little hard to do the -- areas. I had to fold the fabric so that it would cover it, and square it off. 


I did get started on the embroidery for the Baltimore Liberty quilt. I have the embroidery floss ready to work on the blocks. I forgot to bring the original pattern to see what all needs the embroidery stitches on them. I did know the fire crackers needed the stems, so I did those and then went to the Celtic block. 

Still looking forward to being Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...