Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Enjoying the Embroidery!

Today was a fun day for me. I was able to sleep in for the first time in a very long time. I didn't go next door to play cribbage, because they had other things to do today. Ruth doesn't get back till Thursday, so I didn't have to be up at 7 am to walk.


The sun was out and I just had to go out and take more photos. It's been a long time since I took photos like I did when I was younger. I'm getting excited about photography again.


This is the lilac bush in the back yard.


With the sun out, the tulips decided to open today. I had fun checking out the different tulips in the yard.




After seeing all the tulips I noticed more flowers coming up.


I can't wait till this blooms.


Purple is one of my favorite colors for flowers.

After checking out the yard, I went back in the house and pulled out some of my blocks. I also did a few more surveys, then sat down and worked on the blocks.


This is where I was as of last night.


I did the flower and the firecrackers last night while watching Dancing with the Stars.


I sat down and worked on the needlepoint for awhile. I will try and get it done by next week.


I went to the window so I could mark where the basket goes on this block. I had to have the marking on the front so I could see where to put the 1/4" bias tape. I also marked the area that needed to be embroidered.


I was putting the basket straps where the lines told me, then figured out I needed to re-think that idea.


I decided to move the straps where they looked better. I basted it down so that it's in the right places. I will have the sides, bottom, and top done by doing the back basting. I need to do the stems of the leaves and flowers by embroidery.

So, tonight I'm planning on doing more embroidery, and I do love how the designs come to life with embroidery. This is the time where I'm very thankful for having a grandmother who loved embroidery and loved teaching me the right way to do it.

I'm going to work on the bell block and the firecracker block before I get started on this basket. At least I have it ready. The other block (that is the same pattern) wasn't as easy to mark on the front. Tomorrow I will probably need to take my light out on the deck to be able to shine on the glass. Then I can see where I marked it on the back.

Another day of keeping busy in my own way. I'm enjoying the slow week, and getting a lot done (for me). My you have a great day of being Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...