Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Friendship Block

Today was a good day. I went to my friends house. While she worked on her purse, I worked on my friendship block for Deanna. The Celtic block.


I was able to get this much done today. I'm surprised at how easy it really was.There were times that I have to rethink it, to make sure I have the overs and under-s done right. The tape I used with the bias tape maker didn't work. The tape on the other side did not stick to the fabric. I would not recommend that tape if you use the fabric that is used in the background.

Rose did let me use her wash-out tape and I put it over the tape that was ironed on. I found that to work the best. I now have to cut more bias strips to be able to finish this block. I believe I cut 3 strips and ironed them into bias tape. The above ended up being 2 of those bias tapes. So, when I get the chance, I will cut 4 more and have them ready so I can complete this block. I'm not happy with having to put a dog wood flower on here when it's finished. I'll what and see about that. May ask Sharon to do an outline one like the one she did on her block. That way, there will be at least 2 blocks with the same kind of dog wood flower.


Last night I was working on the edge of the quilt, and had Charlie there as well. I finally got her to move over so I could get my quilting done. Every time I got ready to move a little, she would stretch her paws out to cover where I was working. Then things I put up with! lol


As of today, this is where I am on the quilt. I may have to take a little bit and finish the friendship block to just get it out of my way.

I'm still getting some quilting done, even with a busy schedule! I'm proud that I'm able to get this much done with the schedule I've had over the past two weeks. I'm looking forward to my schedule being less then what it is now. I would rather be home quilting then doing all the running around. But, then, that's life.

I started reading a good book about how a family moved from Kentucky to Kansas during the "rush" to Kansas. I'll try and remember to post the information on the book tomorrow. It's also a story about a quilter. It talks about the different quilts she's made and ones that where made by her.

Okay, I need to do my exercises, so I'm going to close this up. It was a beautiful day to be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...