Sunday, April 27, 2014

Quilting Day!

Today started out being a cleaning day. I can say it's great having a hubby that likes things clean and will help with the cleaning as well.

After a morning of playing, cleaning, and kicking a cat out the door, I was able to quilt! Charlie decided to dirty up the carpet this morning, so she got kicked out of the house and will be out there for awhile. Patrick won't put up with a cat that won't ask to go out. She decided to get up and go over by the table and "poop!" That ticked Patrick off and out she went. So, I put her food outside, and will bring it in tonight, then take it out in the morning. We'll do that for a while I know.


Woke up to rain.


Everything got soaked - yet again.


Last night I started back on the Hawaiian quilt  At this point, I was able to get quite a bit done.


I reached this point by the end of the night.


While we were waiting on my folks to get here so we could go out to eat, I started where I left off last night.


This was the first "hump" on this side of the quilt. so, I worked it out and had it done in no time.


I was able to get to the second "hump" by the time they arrived. I figured I am a fourth of the way done so far. That means on whole side is done, and I'm working my way to the next side. It's going fairly fast, so I'm getting a lot done with I sit down and work on it.

I'm really happy with the way it's coming along. The photo up above looks like there is a "pinch" in the fabric, but it really does lay flat. I haven't had any problems with puckers recently, so it's going along great.

While going to dinner in Kelso today, mom talked about the retreat. At this rate my mother way be going to the retreat. I'll know in a few days.

Tomorrow I will be going to my sons, so they can help me out with getting a tablet for my Birthday. I decided I want to get myself a tablet, and I want to have them help me.

All's well here, and at this rate, I may have this quilt done yet!! lol - Guess I'm having a hard time finishing it, because it's like letting your kids grow up! lol I'm looking forward to being Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...