Friday, May 23, 2014

20 Blocks done so far!

Today was a pretty good day. I took my walking partner up to Olympia for a doctors appointment. While she was in the doctor's office I was able to get a lot of piecing done.


This one was done last night, I believe that makes #19.


This one is #20 - I'll add the ends on it tonight and it will be official - 20 blocks done. Not bad considering I started back at them when it was at 12. The block from last night, I had to take out one side because it didn't fit right. So, I turned the strip around and it fit great.


I pieced all of these today at the doctors office. That will give me 3 more centers done.


I did all of these last night. It went really fast. So, I'm thrilled to see they are going faster than I thought they would.

I did find myself getting bored at the doctors office. You can keep sewing the same stitch so for so long and then it gets boring after awhile. I'm trying really hard to get these done. I can't wait till I get the rest of the blocks done! 10 more to go. At least mom is doing the bees and then I can piece them all together.


I just had to show you this! It's a sewing "kit" that belonged to my 2nd great grandmother. It's in awesome shape!!


When you open it, there are three pin holder "wings" for your needles. It all in red velvet. I'm really surprised it's lasted this long! Mom said she used this all the time.

When I got home today, I ironed all my pieces on the block. I even washed some "linen" that was part of mom's stash. It has some stains and I'm trying to figure out how to get them out of it.

OH! I just have to tell you how my day started! I knew I had to be down at my neighbors this morning at 7:45 am.  Of course, I didn't want to get up at 7 am, but I did. I showered, looked at the clock and thought I had plenty of time to get down there. I then got on the computer to check my email for a message, then realized I needed to do my exercise. Just as I was getting done with that, I heard a car honking out front. I popped up to find Ruth waiting in the car for me! I didn't have my shirt on (I was in my tank top), hadn't brushed my teeth, or even got my shoes and socks on! You should have seen me running all over the place, going to get my teeth brushed, sock, and shoes! I yelled out after brushing my teeth, that I had to get my shoes on! Poor Ruth, she ended up waiting on me for a good 5-10 mins! She was laughing at me when I got in the car. She's so used to me being right there, 10-15 mins early. She keep looking for me and thought she'd just drive the car over to get me. I couldn't believe I was off track of time! Once that happened, everything got back on track. The trip back from Olympia was through the back roads because there was stop and go traffic on I-5. We made it back in good time.

Okay, I need to get off the computer and get started quilting again! I'm happy to be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...