Friday, May 30, 2014

A day of Quilting...

Today was a fast and fun day!  I spent the morning as usual. Then I headed off to mom and dad's for our "Myron's Girls" quilt group.



I finally got the photo of the Honey Bee quilt block. Mom has been working on the bee's and I'm still piecing the blocks. At least I only need 8 more. lol

While quilting at moms, I was thrilled to see Hildi back. She was the one that was in a car accident about 2 months ago. She's still re-cooping, but she's looking good.

I took over some linen for mom to do some hard-anger when she's ready. When she's done, I'll do the cross stitch work. It's a really pretty pattern done by Stoney Creek Magazine.


Because of the "deal" I have with my mother, I worked on her quilt by quilting on it today. I did the "L" shape and the square. I started the "L" shape last time I was over there. I finished it and finished the square. I was starting the smaller square when everyone decided it was time to leave.


Mom didn't want to do any quilting in the red stripped area. So, it's going really fast. I was surprised to find that the red thread (basting) is bleeding. I found a few red spots where the holes where part of the basting. The gal that basted this is really good about making sure her fabrics and threads are "bleed proof."


The flash on my camera made the white one white fabric look pink. I really did have fun quilting on this quilt. I was thinking, I'll probably be the one who quilts this quilt! lol

Having fun being Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...