Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Another Day...

When I was getting ready to write this blog, I noticed my photo with my two children. I also noticed the fireplace with the typewriter on the sitting area. I had to laugh, because most kids today don't have a clue as to what that is! Or better yet, how it works. I remember over the last twenty years how the typewriter has grown into the computer! I can't imagine what I would do if I had to type this on a typewriter! lol


This morning I walked out to more clouds, but the best part is NO RAIN!


We reached 64 degrees today! It was awesome! I really enjoyed being able to go outside and enjoy the cool breeze!


And the best part is seeing the Lilacs growing more and more! That bush is getting fuller with blooms.

I did go play crib today, even with Ruth gone to Texas. I did miss not having to get up early to meet Ruth outside. No walking in today, but the exercises are still twice a day. Went to the Cardiologist today to see how I'm doing with my Cholesterol. The good news is that I'm on the right track, the bad news is my Cholesterol was up again. He is concerned that I can't take meds because of my reactions to them. He was happy with my weight loss and said I have about 5-8 lbs to go. (That's the tire around my waste!) One interesting thing he said was, for every 2 lbs of fat one carries, it has 9000 calories. And that's not good. My exercise is for my core, which is muscle which takes on weight too. Which explains why I haven't lost anymore weight.

I did get going on my suit cases, and added more of my projects to the case.


I need to get a few more things and then I'm done. I really won't have much time tomorrow to do any packing. I have my physical therapy in the morning, and then wait at mom's for our little group to get together. We are going through patterns that LouAnn W had. These were given to another quilter and ended up at my house. I asked our group if they would let her best friends pick out what they wanted. Come to find out, some of the stuff she took from my mother when she was watching my folks place. So, mom finally got some of the patterns she was looking for the past few years. When LouAnn passed, her best friends where not told about her passing. They all found out when it was published in the newspaper. Her daughter has not been in contact with her best friends since the passing.


I could say more about what happened, but I don't want "bad" energy on this blog! lol

I have been working on this corner. I'm getting it done slowly! I have been working on keeping this "straight" and trying to keep it from buckling. So far so good, Just need to get to the other side. One of the hard parts is sewing the seams together for the binding. Wish me luck.

Tomorrow is another busy day, so not sure if I'll be posting or not. I'm hoping I can post at the retreat, but a few years ago, when I went before, there was very little wifi. Even cell phones couldn't get out. Hopefully it will be better now, but then if they want you to enjoy yourself without being "connected" then I won't be in luck after all.

I look forward to posting and sharing what I'm doing at the retreat! That way you'll know - I'm Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...