Saturday, May 31, 2014

Back to Applique

Last night I didn't have enough pieces to piece together for the Honey Bee blocks. So, I pulled out my applique. The first applique piece I pulled out was the basket block that is on my guilt wall. 


I was able to applique all the basket pieces down. 


Now I just need to add the basket top, bottom and sides. Once that is done, I can start working on the flowers. 


I also found this block and I remember thinking I would have to take all the pieces out on the top flower. Today, I decided it wasn't that bad right now, so will leave it. It will be a little off with the tip, but I'm going to let it be. I'll just make sure the other three don't have the same problems. 


This afternoon I worked on getting the pieces cut so I can continue working on the blocks. 


I will probably need to cut more for the last block, but for now, this will keep me going. Tonight I will be marking the fabric and see if I can get another block done. I can go between blocks now, and that should make it a little easier to getting the blocks done. Wish I enjoyed piecing and much as I love applique, but that just isn't the cash. 

Looking forward to having more done, and getting back to being Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...