Sunday, May 18, 2014

Enjoying my Birthday Weekend!

Life is good. I love Birthdays and this weekend was awesome so far. My son and daughter-in-law will be here this afternoon. I'm going to  make pizza for everyone!

I added my daughter-in-law's blog on the "Fun Blogs" list. She is a vegetarian and has awesome recipes for everyone - even those of us that eat meat! I am using her Pizza crust recipe and I will tell you it is better than any I have tried so far. It's really close to those ones we used to get in a box by Chef Boyardee! I miss those boxes!! lol


This is the weather right now in the yard. RAIN. That's okay, because I wasn't planning on going anywhere today. lol


While I'm inside - out from the rain, I have plugged in my NEW LG Tablet. I can't wait to get on it!! I'm going to wait on my son and daughter-in-law to show me how to get it set up and then I'm a HAPPY CAMPER!!


I love the leather case! It's awesome! I would recommend this case if anyone is looking for them. Some people were complaining about the fit, and I found the fit to be just fine. I love the feel, and the price is a heck of a lot better than the other ones out there.


I'm loving my flowers!


This was another gift from Patrick and I'm so glad he got them for me! They are awesome!

So, this weekend so far I have received a gift card for Starbucks (not a coffee drinker, but their tea is awesome!), a gift card for the Dressbarn, which will come in handy as my clothes are getting to be too big. lol  And don't forget - the tablet - so my Birthday weekend is turning out great. We went to Tacoma last night for the Spaghetti Factory, and it was just perfect! My parents went with us, and we all had a great time

As for quilting this weekend - I've finished the block I talked about yesterday, have another one close to being done. I'm not getting a lot done, but I'm getting there. I took over the 3 I finished this last week - so mom could work on the bees. I forgot to take a photo of the bees when I was over there. Mom was saying it was hard to get the points to match up on the bees, because of the seam allowances. I told her what she did was great and you can't tell unless your on top of the blocks.

I did get a couple of my points off, but didn't feel like trying to remark the fabric to get them to line up so left them alone. I think once the bees are in that corner, you won't notice it like you would a quilt that "has to be" lined up. Then again - there are no rules to quilting and anyone that tells you otherwise is crazy!

There are problems in TAS again. I'm thankful I'm not back in there. I gave up fighting to keep it going. I'm planning on dropping it till the time is right. So, I have removed it from my blog, and will put it back when I feel they have come out of their "issues." I wish TAS all the best, but I'm staying out until the time is right.

On a better note! I'm having a great weekend, and hope you are too! I'm going to get back to getting those blocks done, and if the weather stays like this, I'll be able to quilt on the Hawaiian - which I'm going to name "Patrick's Garden." It's so close to being done! I need to get in gear and finish it!! I also have Phillip's quilt to finish and can't wait to do that either. BUT we are going to see my husbands family this year and I need to have this quilt done for my mother-in-law! Keep your fingers crossed that I'm Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...