Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Garden Planting today...

Today was one of those days, that no matter how you schedule the day, it wouldn't help. I started the day off by going to the folks. No one was home, so I sat and quilted on mom's quilt. We have an agreement, I help with the quilting and she's going to help me with my mother in laws' quilt. I took over another 3 blocks - that puts us up to 18 blocks, so far.


Dad showed up and I had to leave for my physical therapy. I had a few more exercises addedto my already long list. lol - But the good news is that it's helping.


After the therapy, I had lunch with my parents. Then mom asked me to stick around and help her go through her "stuff."  The stuff ended up being several boxes of great grandmother and grandmother's costume jewelry. I ended up taking a lot of it home. So, now I need to go through it, group up necklaces to earrings, etc. Then I need to go through them with my daughter to see what she wants. That took all afternoon. I also had the pleasure of seeing my great grandmother (Lizzie Little White)'s sewing box and sewing supplies. 


When I finally got home, Patrick was already home. Cooked supper and then he reminded me we were going to plant our veggies in the garden. We spend another 2 hours outside planting all the veggies we bought this last week. After we were done, I decided to go around the yard and see the beautiful flowers blooming! I don't think we have ever had this many flowers blooming in one year. We did have a couple plants that didn't bloom, but they are working on new growth. 


Not sure I'll be quilting tonight, but I'll be quilting tomorrow at our quilt group. I'm going to drop off the box that LouAnn had. 



I'm looking forward to tomorrow and being Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...