Sunday, May 4, 2014

Getting Ready for Retreat!

This weekend I've been getting ready for our retreat this week. I will be gone from the 8th till the 11th. I'm going to take my laptop and my camera so I can post what I'm doing. If I don't get internet access, I'll just do the typing and have it ready for when I do get internet.

Yesterday, was one of those days that Patrick wanted to get out. So, I really didn't get much done. I did get started on the block that I wanted to do for the block drawing at the retreat.


I found this quilt block pattern online. "FREE Library of Quilt Blocks" by McCall's Quilting.

I did modify the pattern just a little. They had the center leaf with this HUGE leaf.


So I took 1/2 - 3/4" off the sides of the leaf. I don't understand why the leave was supposed to be so big.  After I started putting this together, I realized I'm not that crazy about the white fabric. I hope it works out for the person that gets the blocks. I really don't want the blocks, as I have way too much stuff to finish as it is. I have butterfly blocks that still need to be put together, and I've had them for over 10 years!!


The batik fabric is the fabric I was given to make sure it is in the blocks we make. I'm not sure if I will do another one or not. If I do, I need to have a better white fabric.


I was taking photos as I was going along. This block you can see the center leaf I was talking about.  didn't want it as big as the pattern stated. Just cause I changed the leaf, that doesn't mean it's my design, it belongs to McCalls. I've found way to many people think if they change someones design, they get credit for it. That's not the case. If you only used one part of the design they used, then you can claim it as your design with the note stating the "flower or whatever" was so-and-so's design. I'm surprised more designers don't call people on that. That's why I have stated my Hawaiian is my design, it's trademarked as my design.


This is what I had to deal with while working on that block! She kept moving around and re-positioning herself to get my attention! I guess she's missed me since she was kicked out of the house last week. Today was the first day she was allowed back in.

The good news, is that I'm at the corner of my Hawaiian quilt. So, I'm hoping to get the corner done before I leave for retreat. I'm not taking it with me, so I can get a few more projects finished. I may take the Japanese dolls that the group made for me. I need to cut out more blocks for the cherry blossoms that my daughter-in-law designed for me.

I may start designing those blocks when I get the chance at retreat. Looking forward to being Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...