Monday, May 5, 2014

Getting Ready for Thursday....

I've been spending the morning getting ready for the retreat on Thursday. I have a lot of my stuff in a suite case. I have at least two sewing projects in the suit case. I'll have to take a photo of it, seems to be getting fuller.


I went through my fabrics for the "guilt wall" quilts. I have picked the fabrics for the basket blocks.


I needed to mark the front side of the block so I could see where the basket goes. I'll work on doing the 1/4" stems and basket weaves. I started appliqueing the basket weave on my block. That will give me something to work on while at the gathers at night. Plus if I want to join others later at night, I have something to work on.


I worked a little on the corner of the Hawaiian quilt as well. Not sure I'll have the corner done but working on it. I need to try and quilt from the top to the bottom, but that is going to be interesting, since I need to quilt the bottom to see where they meet up. I'll try and do what I told myself when I worked on the last corner.


Received my Birthday gift today, but was told I can't open it till my Birthday. Tried to get Patrick to open it for me to make sure it was what I wanted, NOPE! Ugh. I'm looking forward to opening my tablet!! Can't wait!!

The big box is the one Comcast sent to replace the DVR that didn't work the first time we got one. It's been almost 3 weeks, and they haven't fixed the problem, and on top of that, they won't give us credit for paying for HD the last 6 months and not having the box to watch it!! We are seriously going to look at other options to get rid of Comcast! Patrick put the DVR hooked up and guess what?!! It didn't work either!! Last time they sent us the wrong box, so as of today, I have counted 4 boxes that need to go back to Comcast, because they aren't smart enough to fix the problem! One of the boxes, was the wrong box! I couldn't believe it. Patrick was on the phone today, and they hung up on him. Still waiting for them to call back. Don't think that is going to happen! Oh, well.

I'm getting ready to sit here and be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...