Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Memorial Day!

THANK YOU!

Today is the day I like to thank my family for their service. So, I pulled out some photos to show you some of my family who have been an inspiration to me.

 First, is my father (still living and 81 years old). I also have two brothers who served. One retired last year from the Air Force.

This is the photo I have on my "letters From the Past" blog - with my father and three of his buddies. Two of them have since passed.


This is my 2nd great grandfather - James M. Hodge, who served in the Civil War. He was injured in Jackson, Mississippi. He served in the WV regiment.


This is my 2nd great grandfather - John Wineland. He was injured in the Civil War, and spent the rest of his life in a wheel chair.

This is only a small portion of my family that served in the many wars. I have more that served in both WW's.  I could fill this page of my ancestors who made this country FREE for us. So, now you know I'm very patriotic!

Thank you to all those who served for this country! May God Bless you. Thank you for letting me be free and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...