Monday, May 12, 2014

Last Day of Retreat - Part 2

On Saturday we had a great time working on our different projects.


This is the quilt blocks that my mother-in-law started. I was working on these off and on for the past 10 years. I wanted to do this up, but as I put it on the work wall, it was do DARK. This photo makes it lighter than the gym had!! I gave up trying to decide what to do with the blocks, as many of the other quilters were trying to tell me what I needed to do or even give ideas of what should be done. I was disappointed with the darkness and decided I would wait and take it home to decide what I would do. When I got it home, this is how it looked! I couldn't believe how much lighter it looked from what was at the gym. So, I'm going to make 18 more blocks, add a black sashing for the blocks. I think it will do great. I have the "muddy" gold for the bees and the border.


After putting the blocks away, some of us went outside and tie-dyed our shirts.


This is me, getting mine tied before putting the paint on my shirt! Had a great time doing this. Reminded me of being a kid again!!


This is my distant cousin, (at least 4th), doing her shirt. You can see the colors I used. I'll take a photo of the way mine came out later.

David was our teacher and provider of the dyes. It was a blast!! We all had fun and there were 2 quilters that had never tie dyed before.


This is how they turned out. I'm the one on the far right in the back. A couple of us had more white then we planned, but that's okay, I just need to remember to pour more dye in the twists than I did before.


Our sponsor! This was for Saturday night's dress up day. We could even wear costumes. so two quilters really did it up!


Kate Sullivan and a friend. Kate Sullivan (author of "The Visit") brought some of her books and I bought one - I'll post the link to it, and I'll even tell you if the books any good after I read it.


Donna Slusser (not the author) on the left, made this quilt. That is Rita helping hold it up. She works for Quilter's Junction. She does the Facebook page (linked).


Mary Abushon (not sure I spelled her last name right), is making this quilt top. This is only a quarter of what she is doing.

Okay, there is more to tell, so I'll probably finish this up in the next one. I hope you were busy while I was on "vacation" at the retreat. I'm so thrilled to have been Happy QUILTING!!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...