Thursday, May 8, 2014

On my way to Falls Creek!

I'm getting ready to head out today for Falls Creek retreat. It will take about an hour to get out there, but it's worth it.

I've been packing for a couple days, thought of a couple things I need to bring with me last night, so how much to do you bet, I'll forget one of them?!

Patrick took the day off, because he's going to be dealing with Comcast today. Glad I won't be around for that. He's going to be giving the guy about 4 boxes, because of the screw ups.


They were asking on Facebook (Celebrating Hand Quilting - group) about what kinds of thread holders everyone has out there. I found I like them all! Anyway, this one is about 20 years old, and it doesn't hold the YLI big spools, so I may have to get Patrick to make me another one that can hold the YLI threads.


Not sure who made them.

Yesterday I spent time with a couple other quilters. It was great. We went through the patterns that Lou Ann had The one friend that was supposed to have showed up must have forgotten, so we grouped all the patterns, made copies of a couple of them, and then put them back in the box for Loretta to go through. Once she does that, then the patterns will be there to take. I've got plenty of patterns, so wasn't too worried about it.

So, this morning, I'm getting my camera, computer, sewing machine, and suite cases ready to go. I have to take my exercise ball with me as well.


Looks like I'll have company on my way! lol - this was taken when I went to the physical therapists to tell him it wasn't the right ball - he pumped it up to the size I needed! lol So, now it's going with me again! Think if I put a doll head on top, I'd get away with having a passenger? Too funny!

Okay, heading off to retreat, will try and post later, but if I don't get a post in, I'll be posting them when I get back. I'm taking the computer to be able to write while I'm there and then if I can't post it, I'll at least be ready to post when I get back.

If I don't post - have a great weekend! I'm really, really, looking forward to being Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...