Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A Day with the Mt St Helen's Group

Today was spent with the Mt St Helen's group. It was really a lot of fun since I haven't been with the group in years.

I brought along my friendship quilt that I made in 1987. It has all the members of the group from that time, as well as friends I made through the mail. There are friends from NY, NJ, and Canada.

You won't believe this - One of the members in the group, asked me if she could sign my quilt, because she was one of the original members. I don't remember her from that time, but I gave her permission to sign it. ONLY because she can be a real pain if you don't let her do what she wants. She pulled out a sharpie pen and signed her name on the quilt.

After she signed it, she told another gal to go and sign it. I told her, no, that quilt was made by the original members and a few of my friends. I couldn't believe she was going to pass her pen around for other members to sign. One of the members afterward came to me and asked where the pen was for signing the quilt. I explained that Carol wanted to sign it and I let her, but that it wasn't to be signed, as the quilt was done in 1987, and this was 2014.


She even signed it for 2014. I could not believe a person could be that bold to want to sign a quilt that was already done for close to 20 years! I don't remember her as being a member back then, and I sure don't like how the group caters to her either. It is going to be interesting, years from now, that all the names on the quilt are done in embroidery, and her name is in sharpie - close to 20 years later. Oh, well. 

I was working on my blocks at the meeting. 


Finished one of the blocks, have two more ready for the last two sides to be added. Then that will be two more done. I have been working on getting the center "nine patch" done. I have done a couple more purple sides with the black on the corners. 

I'm slowly getting there. Now it's down to 7 more to go. LOL - Count down is a pain! lol 


After getting back from the meeting, I pulled out the kale that Patrick bought. He loves kale chips. So, I made three batches. One is salty, one is sesame oil with olive oil and salt, and the last is garlic. Patrick likes the garlic. 

Tonight I will be working on the blocks again. At this rate, I may have them done before too much longer. I'm really getting into working on the blocks during the day. I've been staying away from the computer during the day, and that is helping a lot. I've also been reading more, and that's satisfying as well.

As of today, Will (who's life is short) is still going. He's made it a little longer than he was giving. Next week Katt comes home and Phil gets married on the 14th. My weeks are getting busier again. Life goes on. Dad has been having issues as well, and I pray things work out for him and Will. We've lost a lot of friends or friends of friends this year. It makes me realize how short life really is. SO - guess that means I better get on the ball and get a few more quilts done in my lifetime. 

Looking forward to a lifetime of being Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...