Sunday, June 8, 2014

Busy Sunday...Beautiful Sunday!

Today was an awesome day!


We decided we wouldn't go anywhere today and just enjoy the day. I love those kind of days! Today was perfect, the cool breeze and the sun out in it's glory! I went out on the deck and sat at the table. I had these three "nine patches" done. I needed 5, so I worked on the last two.


I pulled out the purple to get the sides done.


After a couple hours of enjoying the cool breeze and music in the background, I was able to get three "sets" ready to have the last two sides. I stacked them so it would be easier to do one at a time.


It was a good day!


I also got the other two "nine patches" done. I started adding the purple to the sides, to make it easy enough to add the two sides.


Last night I was able to add some applique pieces to work on. This is the basket that goes with the "guilt wall" downstairs. I'm thinking I need to take another photo of that wall so you can see how far I'm getting - which isn't very far!

I have been getting so much done on the blocks, that the thread is running out. Have you ever had the fun of getting so close to being done with the thread, then every time you go and thread it, you get the wrong end?? Well, I did that five times today! You would think I would know one end from the other, but NO, I just kept getting the end that wasn't "cut" and tried to thread it. Actually threaded it twice, and then couldn't get the thread length I wanted because it's under what I'm supposed to be pulling from! UGH

While I enjoyed the outside, Patrick worked around the yard. Later he came and "napped" on the swing set with Charlie moving around on the deck. I swear that cat must have moved every 2 minutes to another spot! It was getting to be funny with both of them sleeping out that! Neighbors are busy. We had a lot of different sounds from birds, flies, and motors of every kind around us.

Tonight I'm hoping to get at least two of those blocks done, if not more. That will keep  me Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...