Sunday, June 15, 2014

Down Memory Lane....

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

To my father, Myron Taylor, I wish you a very Happy Father's Day. I treasure each day I have with you!


DOWN MEMORY LANE!

I went looking for another photo disc, as I'm keeping my disc from the wedding till I get it in a thumb drive. Then I will use it again. 

While I was looking, I did find one from the other camera BUT that was a couple days ago, and guess who can't find it now!? Go figure! I've looked around to see where the heck I would have put it "in a safe place." No such luck. The good news, is that I found one that is older and 128 MB. That's where the title of my blog today comes from. 

I found several photos of a retreat that we went to a couple years ago. I'm thinking it's more like 3 years ago! Hard to believe. So, I'm going to show some of the "Seabeck Retreat" that I went to 3 years ago. It was part of TAS, or at least I thought it was, till I learned more about it. 


This is our class room - with Myron's Girls members. 


This is one of Jeannie Austin's blocks. I love her work!!


Jeannie was teaching this year - and my file tells me it was in 2010. 


She does an awesome job!


Love this pattern!


Showing us how she did this one too. 


Her finished quilt. If you ever see Jeannie's patterns, they are well worth getting! 


This is Jeannie Austin, and she's an awesome person! I've known her for about 20 to 30 years now. She's been a part of my quilting world just like Nancy Chong has been. 


This is the photo we had taken of those of us in the group that attended. The one next to me (front) is Dawn - and I'm sorry to say I don't remember her last name. I know she's from Canada, and that she has won a LOT of awards for her applique work. She's a delight to know! 

Okay, now I'm going to come back to today - Father's Day. Spent the afternoon with my father and mother. We had a BBQ at their house. Food was great! Katt enjoyed a couple games with us, winning two of those games. 


I was able to get the sides done on the basket, and put part of the blue flower down. I did these till I got one of the finished blocks of the Honey Bee quilt. I picked them up today, and brought the one I'm close to finishing. 


I'm one wing missing, so will cut another one on Wednesday when I go to my physical therapy. I have another one that isn't too far behind this one too. 

While I was looking for some of my stuff to put in the garage sale the other day, I found this:


It's a quilt pattern that was done in cross stitch by friends I used to write to. I can't remember who did the blocks for me, but the initials are there. I would love to touch base with those friends again! I need to sign my name on the border, as I did that part. I can't remember when we all did this, but I do have my Pullman WA address on the piece, so it has to have been done over 16 years ago. I'm beating we did this in 1995. 

So, now I'm back to applique, and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...