Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Quiet Day of Quilting

Today was a quiet day. I went to the Museum with the Mt. St. Helen's quilt group. I was able to get a lot of applique done. I'm happy with all the work I've been able to do.


I was able to get this much done at the meeting. I didn't get there till about 10:30 am and then had a lunch break, with leaving by 1:30 pm. So, in that short time I was able to get this far.


This is the block I picked up and worked on at mom's the last week. I brought it home and put one more "wing" on it. I need to cut another "wing" for this one before it can be counted as done. I'm going to work on them tonight and take the done ones to mom's where the rest of the blocks are. She's helping me out - at least I think she is.


While I was pulling out the blocks to see what I had done and what needed to be done, I found this one. I need to get the pieces for this one as well.

I have 30 blocks that need the bees put on. I believe we have 5 or 6 of them done now. So, I still have a ways to go. At least I can take them with me when I'm out and about. I will keep them handy, during my jury duty next month. At least I'll have plenty to do. I'm finding it easy to do, but boring - and you would think any applique wouldn't be boring, but I find when you repeat blocks like this, it seems to be boring.

I need to get my basket block applique placed so I can get back to working on that when I get bored. I was finding myself - today - realizing I have three UFO's all going at the same time. I seriously need to finish the last block of the Affairs of the Heart quilt. Then get started on the borders. I'm working on the two basket blocks that are from my guilt wall, and I am working on this quilt........That doesn't include the Baltimore Liberty quilt blocks I'm working on as well. BUT then the Baltimore Liberty quilt is a new one I started this year. UGH. There are a couple more quilts I'm ready to start, but I want to complete the UFO's first. At least I've been finishing more than I've been starting. LOL

Lately, we've been watching old movies on TV. Some of the are so much fun to watch and others, I wonder how people actually sat through them in the theaters. I have been enjoying them more and more. Seems better then the TV programs they have on today. I'm getting tired of sex and swearing on TV. I love the comedy ones that are being shown lately. Shame most of the people in them are deceased. Those were the shows to watch!

Katt is gone, haven't heard from Phil or Emily, so we're back to a quiet house. Life is good. My back is getting better, and I'm doing all my exercises even though it's killing me to do them! I HATE to exercise but if that's the only way I can be standing and moving around, then I'll do it. Patrick is still waiting on me to fall on my ass though. lol - The ball is fun to work on, and I tend to move a little to the side, getting close to falling on my ass, but then I straighten up. lol

Charlie is now getting more comfortable coming back in the house. There was a fight with Katt's cat "Harley." I took a video of Harley playing with Katt. I need to get that on here one day.

So, in the mean time, I'm Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...