Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Quilt Blocks I Forgot About....

As you know, I've been doing a lot of my "UFO's."  Well, I was working on a project for my daughter, for Christmas. Since I was going through a few photos, I found a few I had forgotten about.


This block is one I made for the Sunbonnet Sue contest way about in the 1980's. I did get a blue ribbon for it. I was the one that would have gotten a second place ribbon, but because the grand prize was awarded, mine was bumped up to first place. 



The published it in this book (which I had put into hardback). I had fun working on this block. 



They sent me this photo of my quilt and the quilts that won with it. This is at the Sunbonnet Sue Museum as far as I know.  I enjoyed working on that block. I used to enter a lot of contests back then. Lately, I don't do contests because of the way they are judged. Most judges today, judge on what they like and not on the work that is done. What I think is pretty, you may find ugly and visa-versa. 



This was a block I did for a friend. Not sure where that quilt block went, but I remember doing it. It was actually fun and easy to do . 



This is also a friendship block that I did years ago. Amazing how much I did 20 years ago. Guess I need to get my rear in gear and get moving. I did more back then than I have been doing lately. 


This is a quilt that a few of us did as a Round Robin. It's a Border Round Robin, and this quilt is in Canada, I believe. I did the music around the center, and there was a couple more bordered that needed to be added to the quilt after me. I would love to see this quilt finished. I haven't been in contact with my friends in over 15 years. I was really into friends through the mail! I loved getting packages in the mail, so I joined a TON of round robins! We did blocks, we did charms, and we did quilts. My border round robin is downstairs, and needs to be quilted.  I'm thinking about doing that one here pretty soon. 


While going through my "scans" I found a few of the paper clipping that my grandmother had. Forgot I scanned them to make sure I had them. lol


Here's two, just for the heck of it. 

Okay, mom called today and said she has 11 blocks done. I have one done right now and the second on that needs it's wing put on, and then it's done. I'll at least get started on the next block. Going to mom's tomorrow and I'll get a few more blocks to work on. It's coming along pretty good. I could start putting the blocks together, but want to hold it off. 

I made a mudslide cake today, and will see if it's any good tomorrow! So, I've been busy with this and that today. Still Happy Quilting...

No comments:

Enjoying Embroidery Today

 Patrick went golfing and I got a few things done before Sandy came over. We decided to get together today even though the others couldn'...