Friday, July 4, 2014

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

Happy 4th! I hope you all have a wonderful 4th - or are having one now. This is the day to remember! Thank you to all those who served and are serving this country!

Today we went to my parents and spent the time BBQ'ing and enjoying friends and family. Mom and dad had their friends over. We played games and enjoyed supper. We left early. We tend not to do the fireworks anymore. Too much traffic, too many crowds, and too late. lol - Guess that tells you that we are getting old! lol


I pulled this top out the other day. Was wondering about how to quilt it. lol - As if I need more things to think about, when I have Judy's quilt to do!


I need to get a LOT of tops quilted - and I really need to finish the UFO's that I've started and haven't finished.


This is the one I really want to finish, but I bet it will be a pain to hand quilt. Too many seams.


I may use the idea of placing blocks though.

Judy from quilting gave me the blocks she won at our first July meeting. I've been thinking how I'm going to place those blocks. And while I'm at it, I need to figure out how to place the butterfly blocks I got from mom over 15 years ago. I would love to have them placed differently from the old traditional. I love mixing traditional with modern. I don't care for modern that much, or the "artzy, fartzy" quilts. I think there is a good way to mix the two with "good taste."


These are the ones Judy gave me. (Just realized my mother-in-law has the same name as Judy that I quilt with!)

Should be interesting to see what I can do with them. 

So as you can see, I'm still thinking and Happy Quilting.

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...