Thursday, July 10, 2014

Harvesting again!

Yesterday I was not on here because I was in Portland with my mother, Ethel, and Nancy. We all went to Ikea to see what we could do for mom's quilt room. I could not believe they all had to look at EVERYTHING there. lol - It was interesting! We were down there for about 3-4 hours. 


Today was another day of harvesting blueberries. 


As you can see, there is a LOT more to harvest in the next few weeks! I spend 3 1/2 hours harvesting today! 


This is some of the bushes I'm harvesting for my neighbor!


The birds have been dropping seeds so, if you notice, there are wild flowers growing around the bushes. 


This is the blueberries from my neighbor that lets me have their blueberries, and as you can see, it's not quiet ready. 

Phil and I will do more picking on Saturday. 


This is our bush. 


Patrick put a netting around them because the blue birds are going after my blueberries. It gets interesting when I try and get my own blueberries! My face is smashed against the netting to get to the blueberries! I'm so glad there isn't anyone out there watching me or taking a photo of my face crammed into the netting reaching for berries! LOL - Thankful at times I can hind in the backyard!!


Was goofing around taking photos again, so I took this of my hanging basket!


This is another block I'm working on. This is as far as I've gotten so far. I am really, really, getting tired of working on these, but that's okay, I'll keep going. Mom told me yesterday she started working on another on. I would like to have this done before the quilt meeting tomorrow, but don't think that's going to happen. Who, knows, I might kick butt and get it done tonight....maybe....maybe not. 

I'm on JURY duty this month and so far, they keep changing when I need to go in. I'm going to have to figure out how to take stuff to work on while I wait. I have to go through security, so am thinking I will get a gallon baggie and put a book, with a block or two with all the pieces cut and ready to go on the blocks, as well as thread and a threader. The threader has a cutter, and I can cut the thread with it. That should be good enough to get through the security.

I ordered the comic book boards again on Tuesday. I had enough money in the amazon account where I do surveys, and didn't have to pay shipping. So, Patrick just walked in and showed me the box arrived! That means I need to get back downstairs and finish up what I started with the fabric. Remember - I've already finished off 3 boxes full (300 boards!) I couldn't believe I had that much fabric. 

Check out my quilt squares I'm giving away! It's at Listia.com

Looking forward to being Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...