Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Quilt Group Meeting

Today was one of those days, where one runs around hoping they have everything and then finds out sometimes one forgets something.

We went shopping last night, and would you believe, Patrick took the cart back to that spot in the parking lot. Well, what he didn't do, was look under the cart to see if he got everything - NOT. So, we left toilet paper in the cart. At first he wanted to just let it go. I decided to go to the store and see if I could get it. I arrived at the store about 9:20 am, and got in line. Usually customer service isn't busy - BUT NOOO, there was an older gentleman there. The gal said hi, and I got behind this gentleman. He must have ordered 30 different lotto tickets!! And everyone of them he told her what numbers to put on them!! He played the daily's, lotto, etc. Every ticket out there he played!! $68 worth!! Oh, the best part! - I waited on him to give all those numbers to the gal - a total of 10 mins worth!! I hate waiting in line, and I hate it when people know your behind them, and they just keep going - taking their time!! He didn't even bother to say - "go ahead and help this lady." UGH!!


After the grocery store, I headed to our groups meeting. Diane taught us all how to make "thread catchers." This one I did along with another one. I don't like waiting around for things, so I worked on another one as well.


The one on the right belongs to Judy R. She's in my Friday group as well. So, we were working on these together. I gave the two I did to my daughter-in-law.


Had to visit with Zeba as well! She's a cutie, and a little thing!! That's my granddaughter! lol


These are a couple of other thread catchers that others did.


After we finished those, I decided to come home, because it was getting a little hot for my blood. I came home and made two more.


I went downstairs to work on the two new ones, and sighed! I can't blame anyone but myself for the mess!! As much as I would love to say it's all Patrick's fault for the mess, that isn't the case. It's me. I seriously need to get back down there and clean it up again!!


A lot of it was stuff mom gave me to add to my stuff. I've really got to find a place to put this stuff! UGH


And then there is all that fabric I was cleaning out my cabinets with. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with all the solids yet, but I seriously need to figure that out! I also bought more fabric - oh, yah, had to buy fabric - and need to put them on the boards to get them added to the rest of my fabrics.

Tomorrow my friend is coming over, and I've got a couple patterns for her to pick to see what she wants to make. I'm going to show her applique with a "two fabric" Nancy Chong pattern.

So, today, I was actually busy with quilt related stuff. That's a good thing. I'm off the computer and actually working on stuff. lol

Looking forward to cleaning up my stuff and getting back on track with Happy Quilting.

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...