Monday, July 7, 2014

Still a Mess! - Blueberry Season!

Today was one of those days, it didn't matter what I WANTED TO DO, because it just wasn't going to happen.

I didn't even get to work on my blocks, let alone work on my quilt room. I would have rather spent some time downstairs cleaning that room up, but it just didn't work out that way.


My walking partner went to South Dakota to a family reunion. She has about 8 blueberry bushes! At our regular walking time today, I went and picked her blueberries for her. UGH. I spent 2 hours picking berries! I got a bucket full! AND that's just the start. Her neighbor came home while I was picking. He was telling me how he planted some of the tree, and that she doesn't do anything with the berries. I told him she "hired" me to pick them for her. It's a touchy subject between the two of them. Jim does a lot of work for her, and the berries are on her property. They (Jim and wife) think because they planted the bushes, they should have the berries. Ruth said they "replaced" the bushes his sister ran over and killed. So, I told him he could have the berries on the last bush I was going to pick. I hope that helps. Funny how neither one will talk about the berry bushes, and who should have the rights to them. Ruth says they are on her property, and Jim says he planted them and cares for them. I'm not going between them, but I will pick the berries. 

Okay, after that explaining - it took me 2 hours to pick!! Then it took another couple hours to clean them up and get them ready to freeze. I ended up with 2 gallon size bags of berries. 

After all that, I took about an hour and a half, where I sat on the computer and did some more work. Then I got up and got the BBQ going. Now supper is over, and I really am tired! I spend a good 5 hours today doing the berries. 

I'm hoping - but I doubt tonight will be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...